Math 211 (Section 2)
Ordinary Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
|Instructor: ||Adela Comanici|
|Time: ||TR 9:25-10:40 am|
|Location: ||210 Herzstein Hall|
|Office: ||440 Herman Brown Hall|
|Office Hours: ||T, Th 1:30-3 pm (or by appointment)|
|Office Phone: ||713-348-3282|
Homework and schedule
Computer and owlnet information
Tutorial and computer labs
Exams from previous semesters
(Posted on December 14)
(Posted on December 12)
- The solutions for the review for the final exam can be found here and
(Posted on December 7)
- For the project, you MAY use the particular values for a and b given
in the cases 2,3,4,5 instead of working all questions on pages 530-531 for arbitrary parameters a and b.
If you work with arbitrary parameters a and b, then you will get extra credit.
- A review for the final exam is posted here. The solutions will be posted sometimes this week.
(Posted on December 6)
- A review for the final exam will be posted here on December 12 or December 13.
(Posted on December 1)
- The final exam room is SH301. During next week (December 11-16), I will have office hours on TTh noon-3 p.m.
(Posted on November 26)
- Second midterm exam---Solutions can be found here.
(Posted on October 26)
- Project---The project can be found in the textbook at pages 530-531 and it is entitled "Project 10.10: Analysis of Competing Species";
it is due on December 19 by noon to my office (440HB). More instructions will be given during November 28 lecture.
- Final exam---is a comprehensive 3-hour exam to be held on December 18, 2-5 p.m. (location TBD); the distribution of the questions is
60% new material and 40% old material. New material means sections 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, 9.8, 9.9, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 (partial).
(Posted on October 11)
- Second midterm exam--- 100 minutes pledged take-home exam (no graphics calculators (unless indicated), no notes, no books). The material covered is from sections 3.1, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.7, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 9.1, 9.2. The exam will be given to you on Tuesday morning (November 14) and you need to return it by Monday (November 20) at 5:00 p.m. to my office (440 HB). Exams from previous semesters can be found at
(Posted on October 10)
- First midterm exam---Solutions can be found here.
(Posted on September 17)
- Final Exam Date---
The Office of Registar informed that the final exam date will be known next week. I will post it here as soon as I will find it.
- First midterm exam--- 90 minutes pledged take-home exam (no graphics calculators (unless indicated), no notes, no books). The material covered is from sections 1.1,1.2,1.3; 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9. The exam will be given to you on Thursday morning (October 5) and you need to return it by Tuesday (October 10) at 5:00 p.m. to my office (440 HB). Exams from previous semesters can be found at