Opportunities in Math
- Master in Finance degree program at Princeton University (posted 11/17/2017)
- Master of Science in Biostatistics degree program at Washington University in St. Louis (posted 11/14/2017)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program at San Diego State University (Posted 12/19/17)
Master in Finance
Master in Biostatistics
I am the Program Manager for the Master of Science in Biostatistics degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. I write today to request your assistance in promoting our program to your students.
We are looking for promising students with a quantitative background (preferably with majors in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or biomedical engineering). Our application is now open for the 2018 academic year.
- The program is 18-months, 42 credits with curriculum pathways available in traditional Biostatistics and Statistical Genetics. The program starts in the Summer and ends the following Fall semester.
- We are housed in a top-ranked School of Medicine (ranked 7th in the nation for research) with opportunities to do real hands-on research related to cancer, genetics, aging, and many other fields in world-renown research centers and labs.
- Multiple opportunities for hands-on learning including a lab component for nearly every course, an internship, and an optional paid research assistantship. We also offer the Mentored Research course providing students the option to do a thesis on their chosen topic. Here’s a profile video featuring the Internship experience from a PI’s perspective.
- Cohorts are small, providing small class sizes (around 15 students), the faculty-student ratio allows for devoted attention to students.
- Our students are well-prepared to pursue a PhD or MD after graduation.
- St. Louis is a very affordable, mid-west city to live with low rent options, lots of free/cultural events, and with plenty of other fun things to do.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2018
For more information about our program, visit our web page at: https://biostatistics.wustl.edu
I welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you or your students may have about our program.
Thank you for considering this request to pass this on to students.Kindest regards,
Kim Kim Freels, MA |Program & Recruitment Manager
Division of Biostatistics
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
Phone: 314.362.1384 | Email: email@example.com
Biostatistics | Washington University School of Medicine | Facebook
Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program
San Diego State University is pleased to invite applications to its Summer 2018 Mathematics Research Experiences for Undergraduates. The program dates this year will be June 18 -- August 10, subject to final NSF approval. We have one project in applied mathematics (HIV modeling), and one in statistics (machine learning).
Please announce to any interested and qualified undergraduates. The program will pay a stipend of $4000 and provide room and partial board for participants. The application deadline is March 2. For a detailed program description and application instructions/materials, please see the program website:http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/math-reu/index.html
Thank you for your assistance in sharing this opportunity, as well as with writing letters of recommendation.Best wishes,